It is important for the one who is in an employment interview to keep a few things in mind
- Make a good impression and be likeable.
- Show up punctually for the interview, be well groomed and polite.
- Show interest in the job and the company.
- Do not make wages the central issue during the first interview.
- Do not speak badly of a former employer and co-workers.
- Be prepared to answer questions about strengths and weaknesses in work.
- Familiarize yourself thoroughly with the company, products/services, customers, management, etc.
- Use the Internet and VR’s survey of the company of the year.
- Ask the right questions.
The person who makes the decision about recruiting for the job wants first and foremost to receive answers to a few basic questions:
- Why are you showing such interest in this job and this company?
- What can you do for us if you are hired?
- Are you easy to work with?
- What separates you from the others who applied for the job?
- Are you prepared to make an extra effort for the company? If we want to hire you, what will it cost us and are we prepared to meet that cost?
Similarly, you need to be able to answer a few questions about the job you are pursuing.
- What does this job involve?
- Are my talents suitable for the job?
- Is this the type of work place and workers that I want to work with?
- If I like the company, how can I convince management that they should hire me?
- Can I convince them to hire me for the wages that I demand?