Leisure courses

Courses that have a defined beginning, end and instructor fall under leisure grants.

Leisure grants can only be applied for due to courses that are held domestically.

Funding rules

A grant for up to 50% of the course fee is provided but for the maximum of 30.000 IKR pr. year. The amount is deducted from the maximum grant amount which is 130.000 IKR pr. year. A leisure grant does not cause a decrease in the accumulated grant.

An application must be accompanied by:

  • An invoice which is in the name of the member where it states the studies/course description, initial date and final date of the course as well as the name of the education provider.
  • Confirmation of payment, e.g. a screenshot from an Internet bank or a payment receipt.
  • An invoice must not be older than 12 months.
  • It is not possible to apply for a grant more than once because of the same invoice.

Definition and conditions for a course

The criteria the Education Fund uses to define what constitutes a course are the following: A specific educational course that follows a predetermined plan or definition and usually ends with the issue of a certificate of performance or other confirmation. Personal counseling or guidance do not meet these course requirements set by the Education Fund.

To be called a course by the fund the conditions that must be met are:

  • Defined beginning, end and instructor,
  • course information must be accessible,
  • the course must be available publicly.