Here is an overview of the main laws and regulations that affect the labour market, as well as various agreements that have been made between parties in the labour market.
On ASÍ's labour law website (Icelandic only), you can also access discussion of the legal status of employees with citations from rulings and laws.
In some cases, this is a link to a law amending the law, but from there you can access more information and the law itself.
Links to laws and regulations in the labour market
All in Icelandic only
- Wage Guarantee Fund
- Working Environment, Health and Safety in Workplaces
- Unemployment Insurance
- Bullying in the Workplace - Regulation
- Maternity/Paternity Leave and Parenting Leave
- Free Employment Rights and Right of Residence of Workers Within the EEA
- Collective Redundancies
- Holiday Time
- Personal Data Protection and Processing of Personal Data
- Workers’ Rights in the Event of Transfers of Undertakings
- Employment Terms and Pension Rights Insurance
- Trade Unions and Labour Disputes
- Work by Children and Teenagers
- Protection of Whistleblowers
- Temporary Engagement of Employees
- Part-Time Employees
- Workplace Identification and Supervision
- Equal Status and Equal Rights Between Genders